1) The @StateDept has nominated Ken Isaacs to serve as director general of @UNmigration.
Isaacs has an extensive history of sharing anti-#Muslim sentiment on @Twitter, & has promoted the views of prominent anti-Muslim activists like Robert Spencer.
(2) In December, Isaacs RTed the following tweet from Robert Spencer. Spencer is the head of multiple anti-Muslim organizations, and claims that American Muslim organizations and mosques are front groups for terrorists.
(3) In Jan, Isaacs RTed @frankgaffney, who heads the Center for Security Policy, a prominent anti-Muslim think-tank that has promoted conspiratorial claims about an impending Muslim takeover of the US.
For more on CSP, check out our factsheet: bridge.georgetown.edu/factsheet-cent…
4) In Feb, the @washingtonpost reported on Isaacs' previous disparaging remarks about #Muslims, highlighting Isaacs' tweet about a terrorist attack in London where he stated that "'this' is exactly what the Muslim faith instructs the faithful to do.”
(5) In a comment in the @washingtonpost article, @RefugeesIntl president Eric Schwartz said Isaacs' statements "reflect a troubling prejudice that is really incompatible with a position of leadership for the world’s most important international migration agency"
(6) Isaacs' documented Islamophobia & his endorsement of anti-Muslim actors raise concerns about his nomination to lead an org that provides aid to migrants & refugees, many of whom are #Muslim.
For more on Gaffney, Spencer & CSP, read our factsheets: bridge.georgetown.edu/factsheets-wha…
Share this Scrolly Tale with your friends.
A Scrolly Tale is a new way to read Twitter threads with a more visually immersive experience.
Discover more beautiful Scrolly Tales like this.