I wear my mask because I care about you. #CovidIsAirborne NZ USA #EndFascism #CountryOverParty💜🌊 #XGOP #NeverTrump #Ahoy🚢 af Policy/PR analyst. Matt 10:14
35 added to My Authors
Oct 6, 2018 • 19 tweets • 8 min read
(1) Live tweeting the swearing in of Justice Kavanaugh, October 6, 2018.
The White House and then the Supreme Court will host the two ceremonies necessary for the Justice to take his seat on Monday.
#ThankYouSenators#GodBlessAmerica#Originalism 🇺🇸👨⚖️ (2) Brett M. Kavanaugh will soon be the 102nd Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the USA. He has earned this highest honor throughout his life, inspired by his trailblazing mother, Judge Martha Kavanaugh.
His title for these few hours is Associate Justice Designate.
#JudgeKavanaugh will soon be #JusticeKavanaugh and the American Republic will be preserved. 🦅 (2) This WaPo reporter is incorrect about the vote being "scheduled for" Saturday. The earliest time a vote COULD be held is Saturday pm. There's no reason not to hold it on Sun/Mon IF we need Daines. I think we won't. Read my 5 tweets about him here:
(1) A directory of my Kavanaugh threads since July 9, 2018.
I never planned more than a couple of threads about him this year but, I shoulda known the Dems would try to destroy whoever was the nominee this time.
Well, he fought back. #AmericanOfTheYear#JusticeKavanaugh 🇺🇸 (2) Like Democrats, I'd already decided how I felt about him before his nomination was announced. I live-tweeted the announcement, which was a great event in itself.
(2) Cloture in the Senate is a procedural step that you can learn more about at the link below. The senate.gov website is the best resource for learning about Senate procedure and a lot more. Same for house.gov.
(2) The other dimension to attacking this group of senators as "old" relates to the fundamental difference between so-called "progressives" and conservatives.
Just about every dispute between the Dimms and the GOP comes down to this.
Sep 22, 2018 • 52 tweets • 22 min read
(1) The extreme accommodations being offered by Grassley & Mitch are the greatest #BlessYourHeart in history.
They know she will NEVER repeat her allegations under oath.
They know the votes next week WILL be 11-10 then 51-49.
They know Kav will NEVER be impeached.
#Chill(2) OK I used a little poetic license in Tweet #1. They can't know exactly what the votes will be; there's more than one way to #ConfirmKavanaugh next week. Any judge *could* theoretically be impeached on a new issue, but IMHO Kav is the least likely person ever to commit crime.
Below: Virginia National Guard Soldiers prepare for a high water transport mission Sept. 17, 2018, in North Carolina. (2) #Florence brought so much rain that she broke multiple records in NC, and in SC. Several rivers have yet to reach their peak.
I have several related threads on the go at the moment. To find them, enter "(1) from:godlessnz" in the Twitter search bar then select the "latest" tab.
My key message: Heed safety warnings to protect yourself & loved ones. (2) To save time I'm presenting photos without locations and names. Most of the initial batch are from the area first hit in NC: Wilmington, New Bern, James City and surrounds.
Urban SAR team uses poles to check for debris & holes as they walk through floodwater.
Sep 14, 2018 • 32 tweets • 22 min read
(1) HW's running thread of info/updates about #Florence and any other Atlantic storms developing at the moment.
(1) I'm reluctant to start another thread today but this is important. NBC has openly tried to underestimate the severity of hurricane #Florence, which is something meteorologists, officials and hurricane watchers object to, whoever does it. (2) Now, it could be just one NBC reporter with a bad case of #TDS writing a tweet without knowing that entire careers have been built on campaigning for SAFER and more accurate weather reporting by media.
But if that were the case, NBC would have retracted it by now.