1) Young people do not vote in Midterms. Old people do. And voter apathy it getting worse. 2) Stop what you are doing. Look at this chart. If your state has a registration deadline. REGISTER NOW!
Oct 2, 2018 • 15 tweets • 3 min read
Kavanaugh’s Lied Summarized. currentaffairs.org/2018/08/why-ev…
•He never attended a gathering like *this*.
•People never said it “didn’t happen.” (they said they didn’t remember being at the gathering NOT a party)
•He tries to restrict the range of possible dates to weekends (July 1 is a weekday)
Sep 19, 2018 • 13 tweets • 3 min read
1) So is this how it’s going to go down? Future convo:
Kid: So in 2018 the President who was under investigation for working with Russia to win an election got to appoint a judge who had sketchy finances, lied to Congress and attempted rape?
You: Yeah, pretty much.
2) Kid: That’s how Trump was able to avoid all of the corruption in his past? And able to go on to nullify the 2020 election even though he lost?
You: Yep, pretty much.
Kid: This is why women and girls who get pregnant have to travel to California to have an abortion?
Sep 17, 2018 • 7 tweets • 1 min read
1) My father lied about his age to fight in WWII. His sister told me the story of how he saved a young Mexican girl from being gang raped. He was 15, they were older. He walked her home to safety. When I asked him about the story he said it was just the right thing to do.
2) He quit high school when he was 16 to work for his mother and his siblings. The home she died in, he built for her when he was 16, before he went off to war.
Sep 8, 2018 • 9 tweets • 1 min read
1) I’ve concluded Trump does not care about the people he is leading. All he cares about is economic metrics;
2) the metrics the 1% donors are wedded to and the metrics that his rally attendees rally around. The DOW that affects only 15% has become the measure of ‘success’. Exaggerating that 4% GDP growth is a miracle is believed because the snake salesman says it is.
Sep 6, 2018 • 6 tweets • 2 min read
The @gop are counting on gerrymandering to win.
The @gop are counting on votes to be suppressed.
Sep 1, 2018 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
Trump’s university was a scam.
Trump’s Foundation was a scam.
Trump’s contracts with hard working sub-contractors was a scam (3400 lawsuits).
Trump’s pro-life stance is a scam.
Trump’s marriages were/are a scam.
Trump’s North Korea deal is a scam.
The anguish of children who were ripped from the parents is real.
The destruction of sub-contractors who didn’t have the money to sue him for payments is real.
The pain he causes at least 19 women who he sexually harassed/assaulted is real....
Aug 30, 2018 • 5 tweets • 1 min read
.@Rep William Hurd This administration is out of control. washingtonpost.com/world/the_amer…
He was going to just go after the “rapists and murderers”, then he deported people with no criminal records, then he ripped children from parents, who entered through designated passages seeking asylum...
Aug 27, 2018 • 6 tweets • 1 min read
How is anyone not more apprehensive than normal as they send their kids back to school? Mini-thread
They are told to ‘be safe’ yet we all know the clear backpacks symbolize that every child could be a threat.
Jul 15, 2018 • 13 tweets • 4 min read
Why is HHS deleting Medical Guidelines used by researchers and physicians?
Presumably to save $1.2M to maintain the vast records
This is when we lost our way. I was in DC the day the House approved the ACA. I went to celebrate at the mall. What did I find? <Thread>
Millions of immigrants rallying for immigration reform were on one end of the mall. I swear, other than one other white woman with pink hair, I was the only white woman in the huge peaceful, respectful, eerily quiet, reserved crowd.
Jul 8, 2018 • 10 tweets • 2 min read
Generations from now, they will be talking about these heart wrenching stories from @ashtynsees. Will our response be: But GDP was up? #FreeOurFamilies
One baby has chronic asthma and ICE CONFISCATED THE BABY’S INHALERS.
Jun 27, 2018 • 14 tweets • 2 min read
When do we stop being nice?
When Medicare is privatized? When Social Security is privatized?
Apr 13, 2018 • 39 tweets • 5 min read
Both parties are the same.
1. Except the Democrats passed the Social Security Act and Republicans have tried to gut it for decades thing.
Feb 23, 2018 • 23 tweets • 2 min read
89) And the Kushner Security Clearance being held up by the Mueller Investigation thing.
90) And the Dem memo that confirmed that both the F.B.I. and D.O.J. made extensive showings to justify all four FISA requests thing.
Feb 10, 2018 • 93 tweets • 13 min read
1) There's absolutely no evidence out there that Trump colluded with the Russians
2) except the Manafort thing,