@fordnation 2. Decades of disinvestment in building & maintaining social housing have contributed to our housing crisis. Not asylum seekers.
Mar 27, 2018 • 50 tweets • 12 min read
1) A mapping thread to provide some context and perspective for #TransformYonge.
This is Toronto’s street network. 2) Excluding laneways, Toronto has 5,289 centreline km of expressways, arterials, collectors, and local roads.
Mar 21, 2018 • 48 tweets • 7 min read
1. A few thoughts about the tragic incident in Arizona, where a woman was killed by an #Uber self-driving car…
2. Much of what I read in the first day after the incident clearly tried to shift blame to the victim, and to devalue that individual…
Mar 16, 2018 • 34 tweets • 7 min read
1) Earlier this week, the outgoing city manager detailed Toronto’s looming fiscal crisis, and the extent of its unfunded capital projects.
2) I’d like to focus on priorities, opportunity cost, and those $30B (billion – with a ‘B’) of unfunded strategies, plans and projects.
Mar 6, 2018 • 46 tweets • 5 min read
1. Our debates about how we share the public right-of-way focus a lot on travel time.
I’d like to talk about comfort, risk and trade-offs.
2. Let me preface this by saying that I’ve taken transit to work for about 10 years. I biked for 5 (and will again!). At the moment I drive.