Feminist. Researcher: Land, Gender, Politics & Culture. Book for Public Talks.Yogi. Gardener.
Jun 21, 2018 • 24 tweets • 6 min read
1. Dali, I read your article on the “Indian Question in South Africa”. It is quite an involved subject which needs thorough engagement. It’s not my core business, so I am not going to write on it. However, I offer this thread as my response and public record. @AdvDali_Mpofu
2 I agree with you on the “Black people in general and African people in particular”, this is premise from which your article is based. However, this is not at issue in the debate, at least not for me. So, I’ll focus on the issues that are relevant to me.
May 12, 2018 • 10 tweets • 5 min read
1. Noby Ngombane opened the front door to his assasin with his 5 year old daughter, Zandile next to him. 13 years later, urged by her mother, Nokwanda to check on her, I found her hanging in her room on 9/05/2018. She was 1st year student @ AFDA, in CT. #ZandileNgombane#Suicide2. The young woman hanging in that little room was, silent. On Friday 4/05/2018, we hung out together. In my B&B room, had deep conversation about her dreams & her family. Our discussion on semiotics of film & feminism was passionate & incredibly stimulating. #ZandileNgombane
May 2, 2018 • 9 tweets • 4 min read
Dear @tito_mboweni, if you want debate on Nationalisation of Mines, Land and natural resources, please say so. Your tweet is populist and misleading. You know this, why do you do this? In a few tweets, I will back up my bold statement. THREAD BELOW.
1. You know that one of the first pieces of legislation #Mandela signed was nationalisation of mines. You know that the State owns ALL mines in South Africa. Mining companies get prospecting and mining licenses from @DMR_SA. Please explain what conditions DMR has put in place?
Apr 27, 2018 • 7 tweets • 4 min read
1. Any political party which considers @PatriciaDeLille an assert had better observe her record. When she left PAC, she undermined them. She started and left (a crippled) ID in pursuit of her own interests. @Our_DA is destructive but she is no less, so. Principle or egos?
2. It’s important to study the function of patriarchy & race in @PatriciaDeLille’s struggles with political parties. What lessons can we learn from her experiences? Equally, it would be disingenuous to overlook De Lille’s leadership style and politics.